Getting into town
Social program and tours
Places of interest
<< Back to Home
Location of Dresden within Europe
The cheapest way to Dresden:
As an alternative travel route, we suggest you to take the airplane to Prague and then go by train (2h ride) to Dresden.
- If you leave your city on Monday Mai 21, arriving here on Tuesday, returning on Sunday May 27 you could reduce the costs of your trip. Plus the 2h train ride from/to Prague. Additionally, you have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful city of Prague on Saturday.
Among others, the following direct connections from and to Dresden are available:
- - Within Germany
- - Frankfurt
- - Munich
- - Duesseldorf
- - Nuremberg
- - Hamburg
- - Stuttgart
- - Cologne/Bonn
- - Within Europe
- - Prague, Czech Republic
- - Basel Mulhouse Freiburg
- - Moscow Sheremetyevo/Vnukowo, Russia
- - Vienna, Austria
- - Zurich, Switzerland
- - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- - Moscow Sheremetyevo, Russia
- - Anatalya, Turkey
More detailed information on destinations and time tables can
be downloaded here.
The airport is located 8 km North of the city. Upon arrival at the airport, you may take a taxi to the conference venue (approx. EUR 20,- and 20 minutes).
There are various rental car companies at the airport; however, we recommend to rely on Dresden's good public transport system as parking and traffic conditions are often not favourable.
Therefore, to get to the venue:
Take the S-Bahn line 2 to the railway station "Hauptbahnhof Dresden". Then change to tram line 8 towards
"Hellerau" and get off at the stop "Theaterplatz". From there walk in direction by the Augustusstraße about 300 meters to the Hilton Dresden hotel.